Tuesday evening, I decided that although we couldn't have a real vacation, I would take the next few days off and have a family stay-cation. I went in to work on Wednesday for a meeting (over Skype), and then came home early and spent the rest of the week with the family. We didn't do anything super out of the ordinary, but we did have a lot of fun doing the things we normally do. We went grocery shopping, swam at the the pool, ate popsicles on our back porch, went for walks outside, played at the playground, went to the mall, and played at the splash park, among other things. And finally, we topped it off yesterday with our first trip to Indianapolis. Here are the highlights of the trip.
- We started the day with square donuts for breakfast. Heather was very excited, but kept on asking if we could have circle donuts instead.
- Our first stop in Indianapolis was the Provident Living center. We used up our wheat right before moving, and we were about out of oats, so we loaded up on our bulk grains.
- We then headed over to the Circle Centre mall right in the center of downtown. On the way over there passed stadiums for local pro sports teams, as well as a few museums and history centers. We'll definitely have to make another trip soon!
- We did a bit of window shopping at the mall, but mostly we were looking for a new swimsuit for Stephanie. We found one not too long after our lunch break.
- Stephanie and I would have loved to walk around downtown and check out the sites after shopping, but the kids were done. Joshua had missed his typical morning nap, and Heather was just plain tired of obeying. We packed up and headed home, making a final stop at Sonic for happy hour (1/2 price slushies).