Sunday, June 9, 2013

Camping!

We went camping with several families in our ward this weekend.  We had a lot of fun getting to know others better, and being in the great outdoors. Josh loved throwing rocks in the lake, and Heather loved the friends and exploring the area. We could not have asked for better camping weather. Not too hot, and cool enough at night where a sleeping bag is just perfect (not too hot or cold), and the fire was nice in the morning. Such a fun time!  Here are some photos of the weekend.
This is from a few days before the camp out, she told me (quite emphatically) she was not tired.

The kids throwing rocks. Not a great photo, but I kept it because Heather has a faint smile, and I couldn't get her smiling almost the entire time. She is one happy girl, so I don't understand why...

Happiest boy on the face of the earth, and our set up.


There were tears...


Good food, great company!


YAY! Smiles. Heather and her cute friend Joy.

So beautiful.

Dad showing 'em how it's done.

Anyone want to come visit now?

Bonding time.

"Dis fun, daddy! Dis fun!"

Love my girl.

Love my boys!

Seriously. SO beautiful.

Didn't even last the 20 min drive home.

Take a look at the mud-encrusted socks/legs/body! A sure sign of a good time!

Pooped.
So, now that you've see how beautiful it is out here, who wants to come visit?

2 comments:

Daniel Standage said...

Stephanie accurately quoted Josh ("Dis fun, Daddy! Dis fun!"), but I just want to emphasize that he said this exact phrase over and over and over again over the space of a couple of hours, during which throwing rocks into the lake was his favorite activity!

What if....... said...

I definitely want to come :( I really wish we could!