Monday, October 12, 2009

The Long Awaited Update

We are sorry that it has been SO long since we have blogged. There has been a lot going on and the blog isn't at the top of our to-do list...sorry. But since I would rather do anything than study for my Stats 221 exam, I will provide an update. :)

We got the chance to go to a BYU football game as a family. It was a lot of fun. Heather had a hard time at first, but she soon fell asleep (how she could sleep through that is a mystery to me). When she woke up, she was chipper and enjoyed (well, let us enjoy) the game.

To begin the crazy month of October, I got my Wisdom teeth removed. That was a painful experience, but I feel much better now that they are gone. I was in a lot of pain before I got them out. Daniel was a great help, he even got up in the middle of the night with Heather!! (Which he had not done much in the past.) My family also was a lot of help. They came to Utah for October conference this year. Hannah and John stayed with us for a couple of days. That was really nice. I don't think I did my dishes once while Johannah was here. I was way impressed with her willingness to serve. Thanks Hannah!

The Monday after conference, Heather somehow got the flu. She screamed a large part of Monday night. I woke up on Tuesday with a massive sore throat, and Tuesday night, I knew exactly why she spent the night screaming on Monday (though I can't help but wonder if all that crying made her throat a lot worse). My body was achy, my throat hurt so bad, my head hurt, I had no energy, and the list goes on. So I guess we have officially all had the swine flu at our house. No, we did not grow snouts. Yes, we are all feeling better!

Rachel just came up for fall break. It was nice to have her here. We went shopping, and she babysat, we talked, and she babysat, she went to see a friend, and she babysat. She babysat a lot while she was here. I had some things come up and it was really nice to have Rachel here to take care of Heather. Besides her babysitting, we really had a great time together. It was really nice to catch up. It was fun to have "girl talk" (face to face), and to see how much she has matured since she left home. Thanks Rachel for babysitting so much, and for being such great company! Oh, and just so she doesn't feel left out: she did the dishes once too. :)

Heather is really enjoying all of the colors of fall. We played in the leaves last night for part of FHE. It was fun to see her investigating the leaves not only with her eyes but with her mouth. We are not excited for the time when it will be too cold to play outside.

We have been super busy with school. Daniel has also been busy with work. We are just trying to plow through until graduation. We are so happy that at this time next year we will be done with our undergraduate education and silly general education classes (that we really don't want to take...for example Stats221)! We will both be doing what we really want to be doing. Daniel will be working with professors learning and doing what he wants to in research, and I will be a full-time mom. We can't wait to move on to a new phase in our lives.

We love you all!

3 comments:

Techno Grandma said...

Loved your post! I also had fun with your family. Tell Rachel to come see me when she's up here. (We could use a babysitter for William, too.) :-) Damen will be baptized on Oct 31st in Lehi.

More Joy in "The Service" said...

Your welcome. John and i had lot's of fun!! I love doing dishes! It is just so much fun...!)
I love you guys! Love Johannah

Steve Standage said...

Thanks for the update Stephanie! I loved seeing the pics.