Sunday, August 7, 2011

A tent, a tie, a mess, and some homemade pretzels!

The title pretty much sums up our week. We really didn't do much. We spent a lot of time outside this week since the weather has cooled off a bit. And by "a bit" I mean, 90° or less. We went on morning walks, and I enjoyed watching Heather's hair curl amazingly in the humidity. Heather and I also built a tent one morning and played in it for a while. It was a lot of fun.



I think this is such a cute picture of her...minus the shadow.

I walked into the kitchen on Friday only to find this:

What you don't see here, is the trail of baby food from the kitchen to the piano bench.

I guess she was trying to feed her baby? After getting a little more upset that I should have, and putting her in time out, I decided to take a picture, because I thought we would probably look back on it later, and laugh.

Josh moved from 3-6mo clothes to 6-9mo clothes recently. We have a few nice (cool) things that he could wear to church, but they all happened to be dirty this morning. Actually, most of his clothes were dirty this morning... So, out of desperation, I grabbed his one and only white onesie and made him a church outfit. It took about 30mins to make. It shouldn't have taken that long, but I had some problems with my sewing machine (maybe she was mad that she had to work on Sunday?). I think he turned out pretty cute what do you think?



Oh, yeah the bow tie is pretty cute too.


Daniel and I are not looking forward to when school starts again. It has been really nice having time to spend alone together after the kids are in bed. Soon we will have to deal with homework, and I will be left alone to twiddle my thumbs while Daniel studies. This week we watched Fiddler on the Roof, did some digital scrapbooking while we listened to a book on CD. We are working on getting a book printed on all of our Utah adventures! The highlight of our weeknight activities? We made some yummy soft pretzels. Watch for them to show up on my cooking blog sometime soon. They were delicious!

2 comments:

More Joy in "The Service" said...

I guess it was "Fiddler on the Roof" week. We watched it too!!

The bow tie is really cut, but Josh is adorable! I just want to squeeze him.

Give little "Angel Moroni" a hug from me. Love you guys.

Techno Grandma said...

Your great Grandma Ray--Ruhama, Used to say if you sewed on Sunday you had to take the stitches out with your nose before you could get into heaven, But when all the clothes are in the "mire"--Laundry- I've done it. It's common sense. The baby sure is cute. Love all the pictures.