Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas Festivities

We had a lovely Christmas at home this year. We really love family, but it was so nice to be able to set some of our own traditions and be together. We tried some new traditions, and stuck with some old ones, but all in all, it was a really fun, really great experience. We tried to keep the focus of Christmas on Christ. We acted out the Nativity on Christmas Eve, talked about Jesus in the morning before we opened presents, Santa even wrote a note reminding us to think of Jesus. One of the new traditions that I have been wanting to do for a few years now, is to sing Happy Birthday to Jesus and eat cake at some time during the day. That one is definitely a keeper. Everyone enjoyed it!

Getting ready to act out the nativity. Josh is pretty excited to play the part of Joseph.

And Mary was great with child...

Mary and Joseph


What a cute donkey!


Luvin' on the baby. He's going to make a great daddy someday.
I was the angel.


Josh couldn't get enough of the donkey rides.


All the gifts and lights.

I loved my little set up this year.

This is what the kids saw when they first came down. We tried to help them remember that this was all about Jesus.

Going through the stockings.

So excited for the train sets! Especially me...I was really excited!

No Heather, that's not a hat.

I've never seen anyone as excited for a blue rubber ball!

Daniel got a standing desk for Christmas. When he showed his new standing desk to 4 of his colleagues (each at different times). Three of those 4 independently quipped "So, is the treadmill going right here in front of the desk?"

Family photo

Love, love, loves the trains.

Setting up the marble run.

Singing Happy Birthday to Jesus

Blowing  out the candles.

Still at it...

I was home when my present arrived in the mail, and because the box was so thin I thought it was a book (we had recently read "Seven Habits of Highly Effective People" and Daniel had mentioned he really wanted to get the book). Needless to say I was NOT excited. This is the first time in our marriage Daniel has been able to pull off a good surprise without spilling the beans!


No comments: